Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
12-23-2011, 01:32 AM
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
Those look too cute to eat! I would, though.... Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2011, 12:08 PM
I hope she didn't name them. You never name your food.....

2B

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
12-26-2011, 01:21 PM
(12-26-2011 12:08 PM)2Beers Wrote:  I hope she didn't name them. You never name your food.....

2B

Too late! I named them "Yummy" and "Delicious" and "Man, These are Good" and........

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
01-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Well, after finishing off the last of my latest bottle of Absinthe I decided to try a wee dram of mt newest bottle of single malt. It isn`t the Mac. or the GlenMorangie, but Glenlivet "Nadurra". 16 yr. old cask strength. After 3 sips I can say HOLY CRIKEY! This is a bit stronger than I expected. I can also say it has a decidedly sweet taste that is not at all unpleasant. I was impressed by the price as well...$55 for a 16 yr old single malt that tastes ok is worth it. I say give it a try.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
01-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow THATS stepping off the deep end! Not heard of too many brave folk who venture out to the Nadurra that much. Probably more because it is a slightly heftier taste. Nice thoughts there

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
(01-15-2012 10:52 PM)boomer Wrote:  Wow THATS stepping off the deep end! Not heard of too many brave folk who venture out to the Nadurra that much. Probably more because it is a slightly heftier taste. Nice thoughts there

No lie there Boomer. I'm recuperating still.Tongue I thought going for a run would help to sweat the dregs out, but ohh boy was I wrong. I shall keep it to one WEE dram of this stuff in the future.LOL!Big Grin

01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Is it wrong that I think Macallan by itself is a bit much (maybe I need to drink more of it at a time-haha), but Macallan and Coke is REALLY good? Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
01-16-2012, 01:01 PM
(01-16-2012 12:36 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Is it wrong that I think Macallan by itself is a bit much (maybe I need to drink more of it at a time-haha), but Macallan and Coke is REALLY good? Big Grin

Not at all. Its all in how it tastes best for you. I drink single malt neat, but I've been told repeatedly I should drink it with ice, this just makes it taste watered down to me. The only thing I will add while drinking it is dark chocolate( I eat while drinking)...it enhances the flavor to me. Cool

01-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Its not wrong at all GW. ITs your palatte thats your guide. Some folks will add a dab of distilled water. Some add some other mixer - but its your personal preference. I prefer neat, like sg. I dont like anything even near it. No ice no water nothing, but thats my palatte. You might find it has a more unique flavor with a mix of something, or on ice. I have also been told that it really belongs over ice, but being more of a purist I choose not to. Ive tried it that way and it totally changes the flavors and aromas. Another suggestion is if you like it neat use a sniffing glass to bring out the aromas in the blend. I believe drinking a single malt is as much about aroma as it is flavors.

What matters is that you enjoy the drink!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Lately I am enchanted with The Balvenie Doublewood and The Balvenie Caribbean Cask. Delightful!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill