Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
04-22-2011, 07:58 PM
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
(04-22-2011 02:32 PM)boomer Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone had tried Glenmorangie - I see it fairly often but never had the courage to try it. I have had a glass of Glenfiddich, but that was a very long time ago, and I wasnt impressed with the "gasoline" quality, but like I said - long time ago. Agree with RN - you're not odd! Some folks like different things. Take my review of Laphroiag - I think its a very tasty scotch, but I have read reviews where its a bit like gulping down a dump truck full of peat.

One scotch an old friend used to drink is Pinch. I believe its a blended whisky. Its ok, but I still prefer the single malts!

Glenmorangie 10yr old is a sweeter scotch than Glenfiddich, I believe its cause its aged in rum casks, not sure. I follow the method of scotch straight with the following roll scotch in glass, sniff, drink...rolling thru mouth, swallow and breath out thru nostrils. Glenfiddich gave me the equivalent of Mr.hyde face whereas Glenmorangie was not too bad. Here's the weird thing tho...I can only drink one glass. the second really is too harsh, even with eating a few dark chocolate pieces(won't say the manufacturer, but look like M&M's). Tried a Lagavulin once and bout hurled, peat flavor is definitely not for me...the sad thing is I ended up dumping it since no one i knew would drink it. A waste of what I'm sure someone would say is a good Scotch. Give me about 10 yrs of tasting and I might find something I can drink...oh well as long as I can drink the Glenmorangie I'm happy.Wink

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - smoker guy - 04-22-2011 07:58 PM