Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
09-26-2010, 11:05 AM
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
Well, if they have the 15 yr old vintage I MUST try it!

I have my own likes on scotch. I am trying out a couple different single malts at a time to try to see which ones I like. About 30 yrs ago - in my navy days, we visited Scotland several times and I would always send home some Glenfiddich or Glenlivet, but when I tried it myself, it tasted like gasoline. Now I try it, and either my pallet has worn out, or, as my wife says, my tongue is too pickled to know the difference!

Here is a question though. About 3 years ago a business associate of mine got me a bottle of Balvenie single malt 15 yr old. I am not a big scotch drinker, but this was a truly gracious gift (rather spendy if you ask me) but rather than break it open, I saved it and saved it for a rainy day, which turns out was last night. Question is, if you buy a bottle of 15 yr old single malt, and leave it in the liquor cabinet for three years, does it not then become 18 year old scotch?

BTW - I had about 3 "wee drams" of it last night. Now I know why happy Scotsmen have rosy cheeks!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night - Boomer - 09-26-2010 11:05 AM