Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What Do You Miss?
11-28-2010, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 02:14 PM by Mufasa.)
RE: What Do You Miss?
Boomer - we really have to rendezvous this Spring or Summer. You smell what I'm cookin'?

I have Excalibur /John Boorman edition if you'd like to borrow it. It's actually two in one - he comments the entire film on one of the discs. Very interesting. Did you know that "Igrain" was actually played by Boormans daughter, Katrine?

Agreed (with a vengeance) on the overall lack of respect that some teens and young adults project, ditto on customer service. Both of these are pet peeves, especially since I have two teen aged daughters and I am a service rep in my "real" life.
Molly Hatchet.... I met Danny Joe Brown when he was on the outs with the band. They played this huge warehouse bar in Savannah in 1980 sumpin-sumpin. He was cool I 'spose, but so trashed that he could barely keep his eyes open.
Once on stage, it was like he just went: *CLICK* and turned the entertainer on. Played without a hitch.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2010, 02:22 PM
I am feelin it man - I dig it!

I have just the single dvd disc. One of my all time favorites. I actually did not know that about Boorman or his daughter! I have tons of other stuff I could put down, but thats just the starters. I am still looking for Krull, maybe because I loved the whole knife blade thing. There were a bunch of my shipmates in the navy who used to set up their Dungeons game right in the lounge of the barracks, and you wanna talk about pizza freaks! While they played a few of us other guys would set up the vcr and watch Excalibur - over...and over....ad infinitum!

I might have to borry that just to watch the second disc!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I miss...

Smoking in buildings without being scorn upon. I miss the smell of pure vanilla and freshly cut grass cleansed with softly cuddled ribbons of pinwheels and bubbles...

What do I miss? it asked arrogantly with consternation. having thanksgiving leftovers is a blessing for all. perhaps i shall mince it all and put it into plastic bags, then into the freezer. lay it flat so that once your galloping gobbler is ready, you can file it in the freezer, just like Tony Curtis' daughter, better known for her monster films. Wanda irregardlish, the fishiness had subsided, wheel to the shoulder, and in reverse from over the river and through the woods and granny's pantry and all dat... it reminded me of the smell of pumpkin pie, and the smell of bubbles....

and then the triptophan took hold... and went into a dream aHHHHHHHhh look at alll the lonely people..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWnIhDuW4g

that being said, i miss.... scented.... bubbles and sweet potato pone

know what i'm sayin?
11-29-2010, 08:01 AM
(11-28-2010 10:31 PM)ePhilosopher9 Wrote:  I miss...

Smoking in buildings without being scorn upon. I miss the smell of pure vanilla and freshly cut grass cleansed with softly cuddled ribbons of pinwheels and bubbles...

What do I miss? it asked arrogantly with consternation. having thanksgiving leftovers is a blessing for all. perhaps i shall mince it all and put it into plastic bags, then into the freezer. lay it flat so that once your galloping gobbler is ready, you can file it in the freezer, just like Tony Curtis' daughter, better known for her monster films. Wanda irregardlish, the fishiness had subsided, wheel to the shoulder, and in reverse from over the river and through the woods and granny's pantry and all dat... it reminded me of the smell of pumpkin pie, and the smell of bubbles....

and then the triptophan took hold... and went into a dream aHHHHHHHhh look at alll the lonely people..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWnIhDuW4g

that being said, i miss.... scented.... bubbles and sweet potato pone

know what i'm sayin?

Trailer Park Boys...love 'em. Love watching them on Directv when I get a chance.
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
* Dad
* Pot
* Burning the trash
* Flying
* Cruising for chicks (on pot)
* My black on black, 4 on the floor, EXP (Cruising for chicks on pot)
* The Canadian border - Pre 9-11
* Sid's resort
* Cass Lake
* Weddings (even those who had 3 of them quit)
* Peace Park
* Ford Woods
* Hines Drive - Pre Wayne county cops
* Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour. (after pot)

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
11-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Who remembers Promark drumsticks, which used to have a real brass ring rather than the printed stuff of today. This is going back to the late Seventies mind you.
11-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Used to own a set of those fine sticks when I was learning to plat. I just never really went anywhere with lessons - those subs ya know....they gotta be quiet!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:Used to own a set of those fine sticks

They were great - great craftmanship.

A mate owned a pair - they were timbale sticks - so no taper at all -he reckoned they were good for rock drumming - he used to say, "dont come the cock, unless you can come the rock",

One of the finest drummers I knew - yet he never came to anything! Its funny how this World spins.
11-29-2010, 07:40 PM
(11-29-2010 02:00 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Who remembers Promark drumsticks, which used to have a real brass ring rather than the printed stuff of today. This is going back to the late Seventies mind you.

I played Promark 727s for years dude -I still have broken bits with the date and location that I broke em! Hey - I'm sentimental... or... just mental...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I miss being able to watch kid's movies without being laughed at(sometimes they are very deep).
I miss lazing away a weekend without worrying about a job on Monday.
I miss paying 20 bucks for a Rush ticket after standing in line for a couple of hours at the record shop.
I miss chasing butterflies across the 6 backyards on our block, with all of the kids outside chasing them with you.
I miss eating sugary stuff and not worrying about it going to my hips.(what hips? I was a skinny kid!)

I also miss radio stations that played a mix of stuff, live, not computer generated playlists. There are very few left.