Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What Do You Miss?
11-29-2010, 09:18 PM
RE: What Do You Miss?
(11-29-2010 09:12 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I also miss radio stations that played a mix of stuff, live, not computer generated playlists. There are very few left.

Nettie - when you're sitting at your computer sometime, check these guys out: http://www.wrhq.com/

(listen live)

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2010 09:38 PM by Nettie.)
(11-29-2010 09:18 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  
(11-29-2010 09:12 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I also miss radio stations that played a mix of stuff, live, not computer generated playlists. There are very few left.

Nettie - when you're sitting at your computer sometime, check these guys out: http://www.wrhq.com/

(listen live)

We have a few here: WTKM, 102.1, and WOCO in Oconto(way up nort' eh)
I want to turn on my radio in the car and hear a mix of stuff, not rap on one station, and classic rock on another, and light rock...you get the idea.
The alternative station here gets my vote 9 times out of 10 because alternative is different from song to song. Not the same 3 chords and some guy screaming, or some chick who's been autotuned and is sighing into the microphone.
(11-29-2010 09:37 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(11-29-2010 09:18 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  

(listen live)

We have a few here: WTKM, 102.1, and WOCO in Oconto(way up nort' eh)
I want to turn on my radio in the car and hear a mix of stuff, not rap on one station, and classic rock on another, and light rock...you get the idea.
The alternative station here gets my vote 9 times out of 10 because alternative is different from song to song. Not the same 3 chords and some guy screaming, or some chick who's been autotuned and is sighing into the microphone.
and when I'm not playing that, it's the CD's that get my vote.

11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
I like listening to the radio, but HATE commercials. CDs usually get my vote.
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Thats why I am an IPod addict. I HATE commercials. Dont pester me with useless dribble. Play music please.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Sirius Satellite for the win

11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I need a different receiver. One that I dont have 80 different cords all over the cab of my truck. The biggest problem I had was reception from the receiver to the truck stereo. I need a new stereo for the truck and then we might use it more.

But - for my office, my Ipod works just fine.

11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
We had XM, but I am not paying that much for the radio when they played the same songs over, and over, and over, and over, occasionally they would throw another song in to tease ya. I guess if they give us another great deal like we had for the last 5 months I might reconsider.
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
I love that newer in-dash systems carry the USB port. I have every bit of music on my computer stored into a USB drive the size of my thumb. Uber-handy! No commercials! MY play list!

11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Thats what I want is one of the newer dash systems. I wanna run my Ipod or a flash drive to it any time I darn well please. My problem is the Ipod. I have a 3rd gen Ipod, and now find out I might be getting an IPhone in March.

So much music.....so little time.

11-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:I played Promark 727s for years dude -I still have broken bits with the date and location that I broke em! Hey - I'm sentimental... or... just mental...

Were they made in the US or Japan back then - I cant remember. I recall a Gorilla used to be on them, and that brass ring - or am I mixed up? And they were oak and varnished.

Like the old silver Speed Kings........Gone but not forgotten!!