Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Best Coffees??
03-25-2011, 10:21 AM
RE: Best Coffees??
Ray I like you more and more every day my friend! Great story! Is that seriously true? Because that is something that would happen to me.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
(03-25-2011 10:21 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Ray I like you more and more every day my friend! Great story! Is that seriously true? Because that is something that would happen to me.

Raybaneiachuck?

03-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Rey`s story sounds bit scary.......I got visions of owners donning hockey masks........putting on those faded green boiler suits....big engineering boots......and firing up the chainsaw............."Come on in mister.....we don`t get too many visitors around these parts"......

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2011, 10:56 AM
lol! Totally

03-25-2011, 11:44 AM
(03-25-2011 10:21 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Ray I like you more and more every day my friend!

Well, I am glad, then maybe you will stick around this time after this little demon child arrives.

(03-25-2011 10:24 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Raybaneiachuck?

Raybaneiachuck? Sounds good to me, I can't pronounce it, but that makes it better. I hope the little bugger doesn't have your horns!
03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
(03-25-2011 07:36 AM)Rey Wrote:  No boos from me, I can do without Starburnts.

Lately I have been drinking a lot of coffee. But not in the morning, mind you, instead I have been drinking nearly an entire pot with my evening meal every night. I never used to do this, but lately it just seems to make whatever I'm eating just taste better. Last night I drank coffee with my spinach and mushroom lasagna. I'll even drink it with pizza now. Anybody else like coffee with a meal, instead of just after?

And you morning coffee drinkers will really hate this (Bagel), I only drink decaffeinated coffee now. I know, sacrilege! But my significant other here, she is under orders from the doctor, no caffeine, it makes her heart race. So it is easier for me to adapt to that than make two pots of coffee. Plus, drinking it in the evenings, I don't need it keeping me up, I don't even miss the caffeine.

But I still like (need?) a big Mountain Dew in the morning, so still need to kick that.Wink

-Rey

Ugh! The last time that I had decaf, was about 8 years ago during a pregnancy. I might as well be drinking water. The flavor didn't even trick my mind into thinking that it was decaf. If I couldn't have coffee to keep me going.............I just don't know what I would do.

My SIL did have to stop drinking coffee for awhile, also due to a racing heart. She has just recently been able to start drinking it again, just not as much as she used to.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
03-25-2011, 01:12 PM
(03-25-2011 11:44 AM)Rey Wrote:  
(03-25-2011 10:21 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Ray I like you more and more every day my friend!

Well, I am glad, then maybe you will stick around this time after this little demon child arrives.

(03-25-2011 10:24 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Raybaneiachuck?

Raybaneiachuck? Sounds good to me, I can't pronounce it, but that makes it better. I hope the little bugger doesn't have your horns!

shorten the name to "Raychuck"

03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:shorten the name to "Raychuck"

And then nick - name he or she "Upchuck", as that is pretty much what babies do for the first few months.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
03-25-2011, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2011 10:51 PM by Rey.)
Alright already, enough of this silliness! Why must every thread always end up being continuously off thread? This is supposed to be about coffee.

(03-25-2011 10:21 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Ray I like you more and more every day my friend! Great story! Is that seriously true? Because that is something that would happen to me.

But to answer your question NBC, yes the story is all true. They were just really nice, friendly people, and the trip ended up being pretty fun. This all happened around 1988. Other notable experiences on that trip include:

I wanted to go to the far northern tip of Wisconsin, and somewhere different, so I took the ferry to Madeline Island out on Lake Superior, so I could camp in Big Bay State Park. It ended up being too rainy and stormy to pitch the tent, so I made a little bed in the back of my hatchback car, lying down with my head towards the back and my feet on the on the folded down passenger seat. It was quite cozy and comfortable, and it stormed a lot that night, and I slowly fell asleep to the sound of the rain while looking up through the back hatch window at all the lightning flashing around. I suspect this is something not experienced by many, but it’s quite a way to spend a night, especially if you like storms.

Another day I was tired of driving so I pulled up to this lake that had a beach. There was this nice bench near the water, and this wonderful feeling strong breeze blowing in off the lake. I sat there a long time, it was just so nice there, I couldn’t think of anything better to do. Eventually the beach emptied of people, and the lifeguard, this cute blond haired girl, came and joined me on the bench. We just sat and talked a long time, feeling this constant cool breeze, until eventually it got late and she had to go home. So I asked her if I could take her picture, just to remember her by, and she said yes, so I did. Later when I got home and developed the picture, it showed her with a big smile, but with her eyes closed, I had caught her in mid blink. I thought that was pretty funny, and I still have that picture today.

Alright, just one more from this same trip. I stayed at another campground that also had a small lake. There are lakes everywhere in Wisconsin. I had brought along this blow up rubber raft with my camping stuff. So I decided to blow it up and go for a little boat ride before it got dark. It took a while, and I got pretty winded and dizzy, but I got it inflated. I paddled out to the middle of the little lake, and then reclined in the boat to relax a while and watch the sun go down. I noticed this photographer guy on the beach of the campground setting up a tripod with his camera on it. Just as the sun was at the horizon with all the colors of sunset he took several pictures of the scene, with me out there floating on the lake. Later, when I came back in, he was gone, so I never did learn what it was all about. But maybe, somewhere out there, hanging on a school guidance counselor’s wall, could be one of those inspirational posters showing me relaxing on the lake under that sunset along with some inspirational message.Big Grin

Well, sorry about all this carrying on, back to the subject of coffee now.

-Rey
03-25-2011, 11:21 PM
This "branch off" segment was brought to you buy the good people at Boyds Coffee!
Boyds: Our coffee won't give you the shakes! Tongue