Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your "food weakness"?
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: What is your "food weakness"?
(08-06-2012 08:14 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  Warm lemon pie filling from a mix (Sherriff) has always been my default comfort food.

A close second is something I've never seen in the U.S. but which up here in Canuckland is a close second to Rice Krispie treats.

You take a cup of crunchy PB, a package of butterscotch chips, and a half-cup of margarine and melt it all together. Grease up an 8 x 8 pan, toss in 2/3 of a bag of multicoloured marshmallows, and pour the melted stuff on top. Stir gently in the pan, stick it in the 'fridge, and cut into pieces when necessary.

For someone with not much of a sweet tooth, I love this stuff: in my family, it's known as guck....
Sounds suspiciously like something mom used to make..but with a chocolate coating on the top..

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey...same here. I've had something pretty close to your sweet tooth craving KBB.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
08-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Anything that is chocolate, in my house, does not last long. Currently, my food weakness is my daughter's leftover birthday cake that is calling me from the refrigerator in the garage. It's chocolate, with fudge filling. Mmmmmm.........

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2012, 09:33 AM
OK, I can see where it would be familiar in Wisconsin, and probably other border states. ;-)

And yes, chocolate. mmmmmm dark dark dark dark

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
08-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Is there such a thing as Chocolate Bacon?!Tongue

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
08-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Tilmook Cheese- Oreo's and milk, Reeses Peanut Butter cups!and/or Snickers bars.

Kindness is a language which deaf can hear and the blind can see- Mark TwainHeart
08-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Laotian style pho is another item I steer well clear of. For three years I nursed an entirely inappropriate relationship with that Laotian food of the gods. Like some kind of raging pho-oholic I'd forgo friends, loved ones, and personal responsibility to get my fix 3 or 4 days a week.

Finally shook that pho monkey off my back and have zero plans to return the that kind of helplessness...ever.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-07-2012, 03:51 PM
(08-07-2012 09:44 AM)Nawlins Wrote:  Is there such a thing as Chocolate Bacon?!Tongue

Chocolate-dipped bacon, yes. Big Grin

And I had a maple bacon doughnut a week or so ago.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
We have bacon covered maple bars at a local donut shop in the PNW (VooDoo Donuts), and Rogue Brewery just started selling an ale based on that combo in honor of them. I'm not a beer/ale consumer (too bitter for me), but the idea of maple and bacon in a beverage doesn't sound as appealing.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
ONLY VooDoo Donuts. What DONT they sell???

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"