Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Absinthe anyone?
11-06-2011, 06:24 PM
RE: Absinthe anyone?
(04-12-2011 08:39 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 08:03 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  Hi, smoker guy!
I like it, and there are a couple of microdistillers here in Portland, OR. My favorite one is called "Trillium" and it's from here: http://www.integrityspirits.com

Excellent. so far my fav. is called Lucid from France, but i don't mind partaking of Absente(NOW WITH WORMWOOD) from Proveance, France.

Its hard to get herein Iowa as the stae gov'ment controls what comes into the state. I do recommend Lucid tho, as it uses Gustav Eiffel's Alembic design, and is resonably priced. Will check out Trillium on my part also, thanks.Big Grin

I've sampled a few bottles of Lucid and I've heard it's pretty awesome compared to other brands of absinthe, but it's also pricey. I drink it with the louche effect and I find that putting a few ice cubes (which may be bad absinthe etiquette but it makes it eminently more drinkable) in the glass is a very good decision indeed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
(11-06-2011 06:24 PM)Kelly D Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 08:39 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 08:03 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  Hi, smoker guy!
I like it, and there are a couple of microdistillers here in Portland, OR. My favorite one is called "Trillium" and it's from here: http://www.integrityspirits.com

Excellent. so far my fav. is called Lucid from France, but i don't mind partaking of Absente(NOW WITH WORMWOOD) from Proveance, France.

Its hard to get herein Iowa as the stae gov'ment controls what comes into the state. I do recommend Lucid tho, as it uses Gustav Eiffel's Alembic design, and is resonably priced. Will check out Trillium on my part also, thanks.Big Grin

I've sampled a few bottles of Lucid and I've heard it's pretty awesome compared to other brands of absinthe, but it's also pricey. I drink it with the louche effect and I find that putting a few ice cubes (which may be bad absinthe etiquette but it makes it eminently more drinkable) in the glass is a very good decision indeed.

No bad absinthe etiquette in doing that. I just refrigerate my water, how you like itis the correct way...I believe anyway.Wink

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Well put, sir!

Heh, I've had a few crazy absinthe stories. . . the amount I consume varies wildly each time, along with the results of said consumption. Three glasses and I'm wearing a fedora and feather boa, trading witticisms with an equally refined partner- four glasses and I'm praying to the porcelain god, wishing for death. Or it could be the reverse situation. Go figure Wink
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
(11-07-2011 01:43 PM)Kelly D Wrote:  Well put, sir!

Heh, I've had a few crazy absinthe stories. . . the amount I consume varies wildly each time, along with the results of said consumption. Three glasses and I'm wearing a fedora and feather boa, trading witticisms with an equally refined partner- four glasses and I'm praying to the porcelain god, wishing for death. Or it could be the reverse situation. Go figure Wink

Ware ware La Fee Vert. The green elixir is quite addicting. SmileTongue

The most I`ve had at one time is 6 glasses...over a few hours time mind you. Wink

11-07-2011, 05:27 PM
La Fee Verte, elle est mon amie. . . pour la plupart! Six glasses, eh. . . sounds like a wager to me! Wink
11-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Nope, no wager...I just like Absinthe. This was done over quite a few hours as well. Work has been rather bad and it was the start of my vacation and I was feeling SAUCY! Smile

11-23-2011, 02:50 PM
(11-08-2011 01:58 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  Nope, no wager...I just like Absinthe. This was done over quite a few hours as well. Work has been rather bad and it was the start of my vacation and I was feeling SAUCY! Smile

Nice. I tried some last week called Mephisto. Ever had it?
11-24-2011, 08:47 AM
(11-23-2011 02:50 PM)Kelly D Wrote:  
(11-08-2011 01:58 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  Nope, no wager...I just like Absinthe. This was done over quite a few hours as well. Work has been rather bad and it was the start of my vacation and I was feeling SAUCY! Smile

Nice. I tried some last week called Mephisto. Ever had it?

Haven't heard that brand before, unfortunately for me...Iowa is only allowing Lucid, Absente(now with WormwoodBig Grin), and maybe Pernod to be sold here. How does Mephisto rank?

11-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote: Haven't heard that brand before, unfortunately for me...Iowa is only allowing Lucid, Absente(now with WormwoodBig Grin), and maybe Pernod to be sold here. How does Mephisto rank?

It was all right- not as strong as Lucid and had a different aftertaste. . . but as I've only had two absinthes I can't put on my "connoisseur" hat quite yet. . .
11-28-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure of the brand -- it's available in Illinois, if that's any help! -- but I had two weeks at Ragdale, an artist residency program an hour north of Chicago last year, and one of the other residents brought out a bottle for our last night. Did the whole pierced spoon thing: I wish I could remember more, but after my third one, I was pretty beat. ;-)