Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Absinthe anyone?
11-29-2011, 09:29 AM
RE: Absinthe anyone?
(11-28-2011 07:44 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  I'm not sure of the brand -- it's available in Illinois, if that's any help! -- but I had two weeks at Ragdale, an artist residency program an hour north of Chicago last year, and one of the other residents brought out a bottle for our last night. Did the whole pierced spoon thing: I wish I could remember more, but after my third one, I was pretty beat. ;-)

Do you happen to remember the color of the bottle? How fast did you drink those three? Enquiring minds want to know. Wink

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
(11-29-2011 09:29 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  Do you happen to remember the color of the bottle? How fast did you drink those three? Enquiring minds want to know. Wink

No. And within 45 minutes. ;-)

We were also sitting in a room lit only by a large, wood-burning fire, which wasn't exactly conducive to such details. Plus, the writers in our group were reading some of the work they had been doing at the residency.

And I was razzed the next day for falling asleep: I'd like to think it was because I had spent all my energy being creative. ;-)
11-29-2011, 03:44 PM
(11-29-2011 01:54 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  
(11-29-2011 09:29 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  Do you happen to remember the color of the bottle? How fast did you drink those three? Enquiring minds want to know. Wink

No. And within 45 minutes. ;-)

We were also sitting in a room lit only by a large, wood-burning fire, which wasn't exactly conducive to such details. Plus, the writers in our group were reading some of the work they had been doing at the residency.

And I was razzed the next day for falling asleep: I'd like to think it was because I had spent all my energy being creative. ;-)

Well, with the average alcohol level of absinthe ranging from 110 proof to roughly 132 proof I can understand why you nodded off so easily. Being in front of a large wood burning fire added to this possibly. Also creativity can be a factor as well...not to mention listening to stories. No razzing from here.Smile

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.