Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hamilton, Ontario Canada
04-20-2011, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2011 10:18 AM by old honda rider.)
Hamilton, Ontario Canada
Great show in Hamilton, Ontario last night. I won't go into a detailed account of the evening, suffice it to say that the age range people enjoying the show were old pharts like me and young whipper-snappers down to age 10. I happen to know the lower age range because my brother and his wife took their two kids, the youngest one, a budding drummer, being 10.

One bit I will mention was Camera Eye. I'd never heard that in concert before and it was, well, awesome.

You know, not a whole lot of people have a bunch of discretionary income to throw around on tickets for events, especially when the tickets can hover in price around the $100 dollar mark. But you can always count on Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt (aka Bubba) to deliver value for your money. They and their crew work damn hard to ensure that concert-goers get the best possible experience, and, at least for me, it all pays off.

Sincere thanks, Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt & crew.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2011, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 10:13 AM by Rey.)
RE: Hamilton, Ontario Canada
So did you get a good seat for the show, or were you using the zoom for that photo? Big Grin

Sounds like you had a good time!
04-20-2011, 09:27 AM
(04-20-2011 09:12 AM)Rey Wrote:  So did you get a good seat for the show, or were you using the zoom for that photo? Big Grin

Sounds like you had a good time!

And pssssssst, I think its "Lerxst".
OK, spelling fixed. Thx.

I'm never one of the lucky few to get tickets right up front. (I don't have the "friend at Ticketmaster" kind of thing going on.) Used the Blackberry zoom. I'm about halfway back in the arena, Copps Coliseum.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
I couldnt say it any better - I have a hard time fathoming why I missed all those other tours to begin with.

Next tour - Mrs B has given me the go ahead - move in a little closer.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2011, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2011 12:04 AM by Scythe Matters.)
(04-20-2011 11:54 AM)boomer Wrote:  I couldnt say it any better - I have a hard time fathoming why I missed all those other tours to begin with.

I know how you feel. I pretty much missed them all from 1986 until last August. Wish I had a real time machine Sad

And, yes Mrs. B -- sit as close as you can!!! It's wonderful *sigh*

Thanks for the report ohr. I almost went to that show with a friend who lives in Guelph. But she couldn't go, so....

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
04-21-2011, 05:38 AM
Sounds like you had a great time OHR!! The boys ALWAYS put on a great show!! I had my two boys (11 and 14) with me for their second show!
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I was at the same show. Wonderful time, excellent performance, great atmosphere!

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating"
05-03-2011, 08:56 AM
(04-20-2011 11:54 AM)boomer Wrote:  I couldnt say it any better - I have a hard time fathoming why I missed all those other tours to begin with.

Next tour - Mrs B has given me the go ahead - move in a little closer.

Had my first front row in Toledo after 29 years of being a fan and I was so fortunate to have a second front row in Hamilton as well! It is an amazing feeling and a must on the bucket list! If you go for the less in demand shows, for example Toledo, you can score front row without having to sell an organ or a valued family member. So worth it boomer!!!

The cherry on top of my first front row EVER was this picture snapped by the talented John Arrowsmith that night. Surrounded by great friends in front of my flag. I was over the moon about this shot, captures the moment and I will always cherish the memories!

http://store.arrowsmith-images.ca/Rush20...9558_Vp24g

The boy's performance at the shows I attended was nothing short of outstanding!!! They are playing tighter and looser at the same time, allowing them to have more fun on the second leg. I have to say that I don't know how they perform at such a high level for almost 3 hours at their age - amazing!!!!!!!!!

FAITH is fear and doubt standing in HOPE. Angel
05-03-2011, 11:57 AM
The only problem I have is all the venues they go to near me are high end venues....Chicago and Minneapolis especially. If you look at it geographically speaking - those shows are hundreds of miles apart so the demand is a bit higher. Omaha and KC are two that I could try but again its the distance between. I just never will justify the outlandish $1000+ for front row. I did go back to Ticketmaster and did find a second row seat for $325 - AFTER my wife had bought the ticket I used. The only front three row events I have been to were for Crosby Stills and Nash and my wife wanted to go see Alan Jackson - something about a tall cool drink of water?

Lets face it - I SUCK at buying tickets. Just absotively suck at it.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
05-03-2011, 04:43 PM
(05-03-2011 11:57 AM)boomer Wrote:  The only problem I have is all the venues they go to near me are high end venues....Chicago and Minneapolis especially. If you look at it geographically speaking - those shows are hundreds of miles apart so the demand is a bit higher. Omaha and KC are two that I could try but again its the distance between. I just never will justify the outlandish $1000+ for front row. I did go back to Ticketmaster and did find a second row seat for $325 - AFTER my wife had bought the ticket I used. The only front three row events I have been to were for Crosby Stills and Nash and my wife wanted to go see Alan Jackson - something about a tall cool drink of water?

Lets face it - I SUCK at buying tickets. Just absotively suck at it.

I totally understand what you're saying. This is where you must be willing to road trip to a further venue. When everyone was buying Cleveland tickets because of the DVD taping, Toledo became a DEAL-I-O!!! I know it's an extra cost to travel but if you find a great road trip partner or partners and split the fuel and hotel costs then you can have a better chance at it. But honestly Boomer I had a second row for Syracuse, NY fair last year and it was outstanding!!! I still sit way far back too, that way you get to take in the entire lighting effects of the show. And if you get 20th row centre you are usually in the sweet spot for sound.

Cheers!

FAITH is fear and doubt standing in HOPE. Angel