Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hey everyone, it's that Duane guy!
10-18-2011, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 11:23 PM by Duane.)
Thumbs Up Hey everyone, it's that Duane guy!
Great to be here!

I used to participate in a large number of forums (quite a few dedicated to a certain band Wink), but pulled away from all that when real life called.

I'm the typical Los Angeles transplant -- moved here right after college (during the PREVIOUS great recession of the early 90's). Did the "Teach for America" thing at LA Unified, then worked as a mainframe computer programmer before THIS particular recession hit. Spending the time looking for work and taking -- SCREENWRITING CLASSES! And doing quite well, might I add.

I love backpacking, ultimate frisbee, competitive running (I enter about a dozen 5k, 10k, half marathon races a year), and basically staying active. Since I spend so much time at home sending out resumes and setting up interviews, I like to get out to Topanga State Park every so often and cook up some oatmeal and cocoa and listen to the "real" world wake up. Soothes the soul, it does.

See you around town! -- Duane
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 11:32 PM
RE: Hey everyone, it's that Duane guy!
OMG! It's DUANE! Big Grin

Welcome to the nuthouse Duane! There are some unique (read: awesome, excellent, amazing, and downright wacky) folks here! Pull up a stool and order up a glass of your favorite beverage and stay awhile!

Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
10-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Welcome to the zoo, Duane. Please don't feed the animals Wink
10-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Welcome Duane - Keep your seat and tray table in the upright position, and seat belt fastened at all times!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Greetings Duane from the East coast B'n'G!

Shifting & Drifting
10-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi Duane, and welcome to the BnG!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
10-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey, it's THAT Duane guy! Wait, don't you owe me money...Dodgy

Plenty 'o' food, drink, books and conversations to enjoy in this ginormous vortex of BnG wackiness, once you're done with all that backpacking, running, screenwriting 'n' wot not.

Howdy! Big Grin

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
10-19-2011, 09:06 AM
RN, did you discuss the newbie vacination program yet? Not the fine line things just the general basics....Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
10-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Howdy Duane!! It's great to see another West Coaster at the grill!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
10-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Howdy-do Duane! I guess we're ALL transplants of some sort here, but we seem to have adapted well! Welcome to the B&G, where the characters abound! How's that AC/DC song go?..."Have a drink on me"!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"