Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More Mechanical Music
11-27-2011, 05:24 PM
More Mechanical Music
Spin-off inspired by this:
(11-21-2011 03:21 PM)Rey Wrote:  A little "mechanical music" on a Monday afternoon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZcg21MF2E

What are your favourite forms of mechanical music?

For me, I'll choose 2:

Honda CBF1000A - the video isn't me but that's my exact bike

Ferrari F1 - Check out the sound at 49 and 56 seconds. If you've never been to an F1 race, make it your mission to get to at least 1 for next season. It will be an experience you will never forget.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
RE: More Mechanical Music
A top fuel dragster, just after burnout. Thats a sound that you won't forget. At full throttle you can hear that sound from 7 miles away.

Another is the space shuttle after it clears the tower. Once you hear that sound, you'll never forget it.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-27-2011, 06:01 PM
A B-52 Bomber during a water injection takeoff. You can hear, feel it and smell it all at once. Mr.2Beers says "the sound of freedom".

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
V10.... Beautiful. Perfect. Adrenalin. Testosterone.
I gotta borrow this link OHR!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Top fuel in the pits - drops the hammer at 2:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWPItw6_UU

To give you an idea of how viciously loud they are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMN_KobQ...re=related

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Went to Chicago a couple years ago, dropped down into the pits, and watched the Bernstein car, Tony Schumacher, and a couple others warming up. When they burp that throttle like that its like someone punching you in the chest with a dump truck, but so exhilirating!!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2011, 12:14 PM
An F-15E Strike eagle going Vertical shortly after takeoff. It thunders and roars.

A Mig-17 doing a high speed pass...a real screamer.

I saw both of these at a Kansas City, MO airshow a couple of years back. I wish I had a link to the sounds I'm talking about. Truly marvelous!Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
11-28-2011, 12:42 PM
'Agreed' on all of the above, but would have to add the SR71 and U2 to the aerial lineup! The sonic boom produced by those is unreal!
And yes Boomer, the Space Shuttle would rattle your bones! Sadly, I had the misfortune to witness the Challenger disaster at close range when I worked out at Cape Carnival (85-94) and that was one sound I wished I had never heard! Of course, the Titans and Delta's would also wake you up at 20 miles away!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
11-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Drat! I forgot about a space shuttle launch. I was one of the heaving throng that witnessed the launch of STS 3 (long time ago).

It actually did shake the ground. The roar of launch sounded for all the world like something ripping through the sky. Which, I suppose, is exactly what happened.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm just gonna go w/sumpin' real basic here....the sound of something mechanical working properly after it's been fixed. Case in point: recently our clothes dryer was making a gawd-awful **squeak-clunk-grind** noise that made dollar signs spin in my eyeballs and a cash register ka-CHING in my brain. Long story short, hubby was able to troubleshoot and fix the problem with minimal cost (yet maximum cuss, natch) involved. Now it's back to the quiet HUMMMMMM.....and my brain goes AHHHHOHHHHMMMMMM.....

Mechanical music to my ears!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!