Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Big day for me
06-12-2012, 06:41 PM
RE: Big day for me
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I hope it does all it's supposed to do, and brings you to a healthier you!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Right on! Good luck, speedy recovery, and best wishes! I had a buddy take this route. When I first met him, he was way overweight, in some health trouble and had to stop halfway up the stairs to catch his breath. Now he's a fit, half-marathon runner! I hope you have the same outstanding results, Allister!!! Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Go get 'em Jetrow! Prayers and Good thoughts headed your way!
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Let us know how you're doing Jet - luck!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Good Luck and keep the faith.
06-13-2012, 07:42 PM
I had that surgery quite a few years ago.......they have really perfected the procedure.....You can do it! I'm not going to tell you it is going to be easy. Although, the healing is the toughest part and getting used to portions, as your mind will tell you that it isn't enough, however, once you start to eat.....it will then look like its too much.

Good luck in this new adventure in you life.......

Let us know when you are back online and how you are doing
06-13-2012, 09:48 PM
A friend of mine had the surgery last fall. (lapband, IIRC) He's lost a ton of weight - I'm really not sure, but he is almost unrecognizable from before. He says that it's totally changed his life, for the better (of course) and is doing thing that he hasn't done in years.
06-14-2012, 01:31 AM
(06-12-2012 08:44 AM)Jetrow Wrote:  A quick update.
Tomorrow I have surgery scheduled for a gastric bypass. That means today is the last day of my diet. yay! heh heh I lost 32 pounds in the last month though it wasn't as much fun as you may suspect it was.

If all goes well, and there is no reason why it shouldn't, I'll be home again by Friday. As soon as I can I'll log on to let you know how it went.

Thanks for thinking about me.
All the best,
Allister

Wow!! Way to go, Jetrow! Thinking of you and hoping you come home happy and well.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
06-19-2012, 08:11 PM
A quick note to update you good folks.
Things went a little sideways. Got into the hospital at 7am and admitted. Prepped and into surgery by 9 I guess.
Woke up in recovery and the moved me to my room not too long afterward. Got up to go to the bathroom and started bleeding. Made it back to bed and before you knew it, there was a lot of people in the room, the surgery group reformed and we returned to the surgery. They spent another three hours stopping the bleeding and setting it all right again. I guess this time they made sure of every stitch, made extra effort and took extensive precautions. I woke up sort of in the ICU and spent a couple days in there. Then made it to after surgery care and then yesterday to my room on the floor. Got the boot this morning and while still wobbly, feeling very much better though, beat up.

I have lots more to tell you but for now just to say I am home and alright will do.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, they came in very handy.

Allister

Oh Bleat!
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
(06-19-2012 08:11 PM)Jetrow Wrote:  A quick note to update you good folks.
Things went a little sideways. Got into the hospital at 7am and admitted. Prepped and into surgery by 9 I guess.
Woke up in recovery and the moved me to my room not too long afterward. Got up to go to the bathroom and started bleeding. Made it back to bed and before you knew it, there was a lot of people in the room, the surgery group reformed and we returned to the surgery. They spent another three hours stopping the bleeding and setting it all right again. I guess this time they made sure of every stitch, made extra effort and took extensive precautions. I woke up sort of in the ICU and spent a couple days in there. Then made it to after surgery care and then yesterday to my room on the floor. Got the boot this morning and while still wobbly, feeling very much better though, beat up.

I have lots more to tell you but for now just to say I am home and alright will do.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, they came in very handy.

Allister
Sorry to hear that you had some complications. Good luck with your recovery, and may that go well!